Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (Foto-Cewek) strive to work with suppliers or supplier’s sub-contractors (the supplier) who treat their workers with dignity and respect, adhere to applicable laws and regulations, and make their products or provide services or works in an environmentally sustainable manner. It is Foto-Cewek’s policy to request our suppliers to respect the principles of our Supplier Code of Conduct and adopt practices which comply with it. We expect our suppliers undertake to commit to the following requirements:
- The supplier must comply with all employment laws applicable to its business.
- The supplier must not use child labour which prevents children from complying with compulsory schooling or training, being harmful to their health or development.
- The supplier must make no use of forced or compulsory labour.
- The supplier must comply with national law and regulations regarding working hours, wages, benefits and written employment conditions.
- The supplier must not discriminate unlawfully in its employment decisions based on: age, disability, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic group), religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, trans gender, pregnancy or maternity, marriage or civil partnership, trade union membership or political affiliation.
- The supplier shall not treat its workers in an inhumane or harsh way including harassment, bullying, physical or verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation.
- The supplier must notify its employees of the applicable supplier code of conduct.
- All waste materials and production by-products should be disposed of properly and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- All local laws and regulations must be met and operations conducted in a manner that conserves resources.
- We expect our suppliers to share our commitment to a clean and safe environment.
- We encourage initiatives to reduce the impact on the environment, particularly through the use of environmentally-friendly technologies. Our suppliers shall agree to respect local and international environmental regulations and standards. Our suppliers shall be able to prove the effective implementation of the following requirements: The existence of an environmental management system, possibly ISO 14001, EMAS certified or commitment to.
Health and Safety
- Employers must provide a safe and healthy work environment.
- Fire prevention equipment must be accessible (in factory and dormitory facilities), and employers are responsible for conducting fire prevention and evacuation training.
- Dormitory housing should provide clean and adequate space for employees with sanitary facilities and water supply.
- Restrooms should be clean and available for all employees.
- The supplier must have a plan for emergencies.
Ethics and Integrity
- The supplier must not offer or give, any gift or consideration of any kind as an inducement or reward for doing or refraining from doing or for having done or refrained from doing, any act in relation to the obtaining of any contract with Foto-Cewek, or for showing or refraining from showing favour or disfavour to any person in relation to the Contract or any such other.
- The supplier must comply with all anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws applicable to our business, including the Bribery Act 2010 and the Prevention of Corruption Act 1889 to 1916.
Foto-Cewek reserves the right to request details of how you comply with this Supplier Code of Conduct and expects you to apply the principles of the Code with your supply chains.