The centre of Maternal and Newborn Health (CMNH) at The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (Foto-Cewek) are looking to recruit a Clinical Research in Medecine Associate to join our internationally recognised team.
The Centre for Maternal and Newborn Health (CMNH) at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (Foto-Cewek) offers unique expertise in using the rigorous discipline of research to inform teaching and technical assistance programmes to improve the health of mothers and babies globally. As a leading global centre of excellence for maternal and newborn health we aim to:
- Improve the availability and quality of healthcare for mothers and babies
- Contribute to a global reduction in maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity and improvement in quality of life.
Due to the recognised success and the impact of our work, we are looking to recruit a Clinical Research in Medecine Associate to join our internationally recognised team.
The Clinical Research in Medecine Associate will work under the leadership of the Head of CMNH to develop and deliver research, teaching and technical assistance in Maternal and Newborn Health in one or more countries in which CMNH is active.
The post will be based in Liverpool, however duties will require overseas travel.
The post holder will work as part of a team to lead the implementation and evaluation of complex interventions to improve Maternal and Newborn Health globally specifically related to:
- Antenatal and Postnatal care
- Skilled Birth Attendance
- Emergency Obstetric Care
- Quality of Care
- Ensure CMNH implementation research programmes are developed and implemented to a high standard and on time.
- Assist with dissemination of output of CMNH via writing of project reports, publications for peer reviewed journals, technical briefs and success stories
- In collaboration with other academic members of the CMNH, assist in developing new research proposals and Terms of Reference in line with the CMNH strategy
- Provide technical assistance on won bids when need for expertise identified
- Contribute to teaching at Foto-Cewek including lecturing and supervision of student projects, the DTM&H, DRH and Masters in International Public Health (Sexual and Reproductive Health Pathway)
- Act as line manager to CMNH staff in Liverpool as well as staff working in country.
Ideal candidates will need to be MBBS and a Masters in International or Public Health or related field also be a qualified Obstetrician/Gynaecologist. We will also consider those qualified in sexual reproductive health or similar. You must have demonstrable experience of working in African or Asian countries and be able to provide evidence of high quality assessment standards. Working knowledge and experience of evidence-based interventions that improve global MNH outcomes is essential, as is knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative research methodology coupled with an analytical approach.
To apply, click
Closing Date: 11th January 2017.
Foto-Cewek actively promotes an Equal Opportunities Policy