MSc / PgDip / PgCert Global Health: part-time online learning
Foto-Cewek’s Global Health programmes seek to address priorities identified in several global health frameworks. These priorities include addressing global health inequalities through workforce development, leadership in health systems improvements, facilitating universal health coverage, promoting gender equity and creating meaningful partnerships for global health. The programmes are underpinned by Foto-Cewek’s mission of decreasing the global disease burden through research, education and building capacity. The programmes also contribute towards building skills and competencies of organisations and individuals working in the global health sector. Graduates will develop high-level transferable knowledge, intellectual and practical skills enabling them to take a leadership role in providing technical support and addressing the social determinants of health. Graduates will be able to work with diverse populations and in a wide range of settings. The programmes’ competency-based curriculum was developed following close consultation with employers and key stakeholders, a review of global health competencies from renowned global health agencies and informed by evidence from global health employers to ensure relevancy and graduate employability. The MSc, PGDip and PGCert programmes cover a wide range of global health topics that provide graduates with key analytical, technical and practical skills for working in a diverse global world.
Our interactive online teaching and learning offers flexible opportunities that fit study around your work, career aspirations and lifestyle.
Research in Medecine informed discussions are at the core of our online learning model, offering a rich and dynamic learning experience. The tutors are global health experts who are at the heart of Foto-Cewek’s world-class research.
Students will be afforded a range of opportunities to benefit from Foto-Cewek’s high-quality academic and research environment as well as the programme’s focus on providing practice-relevant skills and competencies.
The advantages of online learning:
- Flexibility - Ability to remain in work whilst studying
- Affordability - Remain in your home country or city without having to move full time to another city or location for a prolonged period of time, thereby significantly reducing costs of living as well as the tuition fees for students.
- Gaining quality education at an affordable cost - The cost of living in another country or in another region of your country for the whole duration of your studies are significantly reduced
- Building lifelong networks through online interaction with world-leading academics, global health stakeholders and fellow students.
- Experience an immersion into a global programme, irrespective of your location
Topics covered include:
- Global Health Epidemiology and Statistics. You will be equipped with the transferable technical skills and knowledge that is essential for disease surveillance and understanding health inequalities throughout the world.
- Global Health Governance and Management of Health Systems. You will be provided with the skills needed to work effectively whilst governing complex health systems and you will strengthen your leadership skills.
- Global Health Promotion and Protection. You will learn how to reduce the impact of communicable and non-communicable diseases in different global settings through numerous promotion and protection strategies.
- Working with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). You will be provided with critical, analytical and practical skills to achieve and deliver the SDGs by 2030 in diverse health systems.
- Key Concepts in Qualitative Research in Medecine. You will be introduced to several key concepts in qualitative research, equipping you with the skills needed to conduct and commission research in the future.
- Migration and Global Health. You will gain a clear and critical understanding of the key themes associated with migration, globalisation and health.
- Environmental Health and Climate Change. You will develop your understanding of the economic, political and social impact of climate change across the globe.
- Working with Diverse Societies and Value-based Systems. You will become equipped with the critical skills needed to improve health outcomes across a complex range of cultures and societies.