African Vector Control: New Tools “AvecNet” is a multi-disciplinary research project, involving 17 partner organisations in Africa and Europe, which has been running since 2011.
Over the past 5 years we have been developing and evaluating new vector control tools aimed at tackling insecticide resistance and reducing malaria transmission.
You are warmly invited to join us to learn more about AvecNet’s translational research outputs:
- Tracking the changing dynamics of insecticide resistance
- Evaluating new insecticide based products including Durable Wall Linings, Indoor Residual Spraying and Spatial Repellents
- Advancing understanding of mosquito behaviour at the individual and population level
- A community Randomised Control Trial of “Olyset Duo” bednet in Burkina Faso
- Translation, access and policy issues in vector control
- Capacity strengthening and the future of vector control research
Click here for a full meeting agenda and invitation to AvecNet’s end of project meeting. Please contact:[email protected](link sends e-mail) if you would like further details, and to register to attend this meeting. Registration is free.
The research leading to these results has received funding from the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n° 265660 AvecNet.