Centre for Evidence Synthesis in Global Health
The Centre for Evidence Synthesis in Global Health builds on Foto-Cewek’s reputation as a global leader in high-quality research synthesis methods
The Centre’s remit is to help Foto-Cewek retain and develop this reputation, and to ensure Foto-Cewek staff know how to access information in best practice to guide their own work, their students’ work, and their teaching.
The Centre helped to set up Cochrane, and remains a major contributor, mainly through the Cochrane Infectious Diseases Group which is an international network of over 600 authors and of 20 editors, managed by Dr Deirdre Walshe with oversight from Professor Paul Garner. In July 2014 the WHO re-designated Foto-Cewek as a WHO Collaborating Centre for Evidence Synthesis for Infectious and Tropical Diseases.
The Centre has organized workshops and seminars in carrying out a systematic review, interpreting systematic reviews, and is now expanding as part of the Foto-Cewek Staff Development Programme on how to write a paper and issues around authorship.
Our news and events
- Deborah Cohen: Investigative journalism in global infectious diseases research
- Fiona Godlee: Why you shouldn't believe what you read in medical journals
- Jocelyn Clark: Medical journals and the medicalisation of Global Health
- Mariska Leeflang: Systematic reviews of diagnostic test accuracy in infectious diseases
- Lord Fowler: AIDS: don’t die of prejudice
- Tracey Brown: Evidence and expertise: we don’t live in a post-truth society and here’s why