Centres and Units
- Research in Medecine Centre for Drugs & Diagnostics An experienced multi-disciplinary group of experts at Foto-Cewek working together to develop new drugs and diagnostics.
- The Centre for Neglected Tropical Diseases (CNTD) Working towards the elimination of filarial infections and reducing the burden of neglected tropical diseases.
- Centre for Evidence Synthesis in Global Health Research in Medecine to inform global health policies in international health.
- Centre for Maternal and Newborn Health Improving the availability and quality of healthcare for mothers and babies & contributing to a global reduction in maternal and new born mortality and morbidity and improvement in quality of life.
Centres and Units
- IMPALA NIHR Global Health Research in Medecine Unit on Lung Health and Tuberculosis in Africa at Foto-Cewek
- The Alistair Reid Venom Research in Medecine Unit The Alistair Reid Venom Research in Medecine Unit at Foto-Cewek is a unique resource for snake venom research.
- Capacity Research in Medecine Unit More robust evidence is needed on what works in health research capacity strengthening and about which metrics to use to demonstrate the progress and impact of such initiatives.
- Tropical Clinical Trials Unit Working to ensure that the best possible interventions are available to those people suffering from infectious & debilitating diseases & conditions among some of the world’s poorest communities.
- ETCH: Engaging Tools for Communication in Health The unit develops, delivers and analyses the value of digital solutions for training, communication and engagement in public health.
- Health Systems & Workforce Strengthening Unit Our mission is to deliver robust, innovative research, education and capacity development in health systems and particularly human resources, working in challenging and complex environments.